Saturday, April 14, 2007

Visit to Doctor Uncle

Well, so finally mamma got over her fear of taking me the doc for vaccination of Hib booster and DPT booster which has been due for God knows how long !! The reason was primarily that Mamma got hyper abt the shape of my head after the head shaving. Well, you see she could see the contours much more clearly and so thought the bumps in certain places were weird. Also she could clearly see my anterior fontanel was not yet closed. This was after 2 months of calcium and lots of sunlight every morning, so she got worried . All the more worried after reading most fontanels close by 18 mnths !Thankfully doc said it shud close soon and the contours on my beautifully shaven head are fine :). Also finally got the vaccination done as we visited the doc again. I was quite brave. While most kids wud dread going to doctor uncle, I wanted to enter his room everytime the door to his room opened to let some other kid in. Of course I got quite suspicious when he wanted me to lie down for the vaccination. I mean its a very vulnerable position for attack right? I hate it when he asks me to lie down. Anyways mamma papa had prepared me abt the vaccination and this time around I was comfortable with the docs thick moustache too, so I got myself distracted my froggie over my head, and before I knew it the doc had vaccinated me ! I cried as it hurt a little but as soon as they let me get up, and the doc offered me 2 marie biscuits ! Can you imagine !2 MARIE BISCUITS !, I forgot all abt the pain and even smiled !And then kept repeating doctor uncle ne Guddu ko biscuit diya till we got out. This was to ensure everyone thot my mom cooks badly, does not give me these biscuits ever and that I can be conned easily. Oh what a way to turn a doc visit to be very exciting :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I wonder why those two Marie Biscuits have so much attraction while we can give them the entire packet at home, and they wont touch them...