Thursday, September 07, 2006

Until you came along....

I thought I was a career woman and very ambitious,

I never knew how to hold a little baby,

I never thought I wud luv to kiss and hug a baby with a runny nose,

I never thought I could do so many situps,

I never knew I cud manage to think, walk and work with such less sleep( 8 hrs + was the norm b4 that),

I never thought I wud not go mall hopping or movie watching because it wud ruin ur sleep or food timings,

I never was thankful to papa for anything( but he gave me his best gift ever with u),

I never observed dogs , birds, nature and everything else around me the way I do now,

I never thought that anything and everything around the house cud be used to play !,

I never thought I wud think twice b4 planning to visit Nana Nani when I needed to be there( but with you I chose not to go when nani nana left for Noida and are now having to setup everything on their own without the littlest of support from anyone :( ..),

I never thought I wud look at poop colour, smell and consistency and clean anyones butt !,

I thought the toughest part of being a parent was the pregnancy !,

I never appreciated my mom and other moms the way I do now,

I never thought I wud be so dependent on others,

I never thought I wud take to the kitchen so regularly and do so much housework while being a working mom,

I never knew the meaning of unconditional love as clearly as I do now ...,

I thought I was very modest and wud not dare to bare my breasts in front of anyone and everyone,

I never knew there is always so much to learn abt parenting ,

I never knew that parenting choices are dilemmas and have deep impact on how the child grows up to be...,

and

I thought I was "boss" at home :)

Ok guddus I am running out of stuff now, passing the ball to papa to play on ...

No comments: