Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jab main chotta baccha tha....

Last nite mamma was trying to remember the earliest memory she had of her childhood and was asking papa too. Ok ..in case you have doubts, mama papa were not always like this but grew up to be what we are today .. yes I know its difficult for you to fathom but we were infants, toddlers and tiny tots too. We cried too and we were naughty too ..I know u will take quite some time to come to terms with this truth and pbbly may not even come to terms with u. To tell u the truth I find it difficult to imagine nana nani or for that matter thatha patti as ever being little kids !! Nanu tells me he was so naughty that a scar on his head is because of some scuffle he had with his elder bro. He regales us with tales of his funny teachers and well frankly speaking to this day I think he is making it all up and he always was a papa and never went thru a childhood !!! :))
Anyways so coming back to the earliest memories we have. Well I remember coming back from LKG( lower Kindergarten as it was called then...and which was right below mamma's first home at 9, 1st Avenue- oh and its name was Shalimar if I remember right), and having chappatis with dollops of white butter which melted the moment it touched the mouth .. Yuummmm !!Also I remember a green water bottle ( that nanu nani had got from Delhi) that I took to standard 1,which some kid accidentally broke and I took her to nanu ( on a saturday) and told him that she broke my bottle ! I also remember it had a cute sticker of a rose on it ...So well I think the earliest I remember is at abt 3 -4 years old. Similarly papa also remembers his stay at Tanzania the best and he remembers it quite well actually. I will leave it to him to tell u abt it later .

But the pt is ... can I get away with anything right now because u will not really remember this later ? *wink* and *evil grin*


luv
mamma

p.s: the title of the post is a popular jingle from an ad in papa mammas times - Jab main chotta bachha tha badi shararat karta tha... phir bhi meri chori pakdi jaati, jab roshan hota bajaj :)