Friday, October 12, 2007

Mr Fix it

Yesterday, you begged me for "5 min - i will watch tv for 5 mins mamma" .. Well thats my fault really cause when I heat your food and you seem cranky because of hunger or bored for any reason, to keep you out of the kitchen( i am a hyper mommy - what if the tongs to reheat rotis fall on u accidentally, what if the hot dal katori slips from my hands - so well I try and keep you out of the kitchen when only you and me at home), I say " Beta why don't u watch mickey/stanley or whatever on disney channel for 5 mins " And the rule is "No tv while eating " so technically you get to see tv for 5-10 mins every 2-3 days . So anyways you said this and so as you were neither cranky nor bored, I tried to reason with you so that you could do puzzles to keep yourself occupied while I heated food for our lunch. So I said "Gabdu, Aapki aankhen kharab ho jayengi tv dekhne se .." and gave 2 seconds for u to digest that and said " to ab to aapko tv nahin dekhna na?" You said "Dekhna hai" so I asked " Phir aapki aankhen?" and you say" Koi baat nahin Mamma, Wo tho papa fix kar denge " !!! Again I guess because to postpone fixing ur toys or putting fresh batteries in noisy electronic toys, I typically say " Papa aayenge - fix kardenge " so... I guess its all my doing anyways !!

Also, the other day we were going thru your playschool activity book and there were questions like
Who flies the plane?
You say - Pilot
Who drives the truck
You say -Truck driver
Who Drives the car ?
Pat comes the reply - "Papa"

No comments: